Cotton Fantasy (known as Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll in Japan) is a brand-new entry in the Cotton series that sees Cotton and Silk embark on another adventure, this time in HD graphics and with modernised gameplay, but true to its roots! Coming to Nintendo Switch and PS4 this Spring!
Experience the most precise gameplay in the Cotton series, mixing up the iconic Cotton playstyle with a few new shoot ‘em up mechanics, 6 iconic playable characters and 16 colourful and varied stages to unlock, with vertical, horizontal and 3D movement. Each character has their own mechanics and attacks, creating a lot of variation and replayability on your hunt for the high score. Packaged with a light-hearted story full of charming, fun cutscenes, fully-voiced in Japanese, and an exhilarating soundtrack with iconic remastered tracks from the past, this is a great and accessible new shoot ’em up game for fans of the Cotton series and newcomers alike.
Accompany Cotton and Silk on a new adventure
Something sinister is in the making – the willows are vanishing from Fairyland and the Fairy Queen entrusts Silk with solving the case. Who could be behind this devious ploy? For a promised lifetime all-you-can-eat supply of tasty willows, the little witch Nata de Cotton is willing to help her old friend out and embark on another adventure together, to save the Fairyland.
• Modern, HD graphics and new shoot ’em up game mechanics, including Psyvariar‘s “Buzz” system and Sanvien‘s “Time Attack” mechanic
• 6 iconic, playable characters to choose from, each with different mechanics and attacks, even including guests like Umihara Kawase and Luffee from Doki Doki Poyacchio
• Easily accessible Shoot ‘em up gameplay, perfect for newcomers, but with enough depth for veterans
• 16 colourful and varied scrolling stages to unlock, with vertical, horizontal, and 3D movement
• Light-hearted story with fun and charming cutscenes voiced entirely in Japanese (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish subtitles included)
• An exhilarating soundtrack featuring iconic remastered tracks from past games
• Unlockable content and different characters offer high replayability
• Aim for the high score in your nation and globally with the featured ranking boards
“Few shmups offer so many ways to play, nor deliver such an enchanting world quite so alive with personality.”
Great 8/10 – NintendoLife
For this new chapter of the series we arranged interviews with some exclusive insights straight from SUCCESS and Studio Saizensen. Click the links below to read the interviews!
Feature: “I Think Studio Saizensen And I Will Make A Second Cotton Rock ‘N’ Roll” – NintendoLife
Cotton Fantasy Interview: Developers Share Insight on New Cute-‘Em-Up – VGChartz
The Past, Present, and Future of Cotton – VideoChums
Seven questions about Cotton Fantasy – EGMnow
Interview: SUCCESS Producer Shinya Nagatomo on ‘Cute ‘em Up’ Cotton’s North America Comeback – PrimaGames
This Week in Games: Final Fantasy and Cotton Fantasy – Anime News Network
Limited & Collector’s Editions
Cotton fans looking for exclusive collectibles should check out GamesRocket: For dedicated Cotton fans and collectors, we prepared a very special Collector’s Edition packed with awesome and exclusive items like a Nendoroid Figure of Nata de Cotton, a Yunomi Tea Cup, a hardcover artbook and a lot more. Shipping of the Collector’s Edition is expected for July 2022.
The standard Limited Edition for Nintendo Switch or PS4 is already in stock and shipping right now!
It comes at the same price as the retail edition, but with alternative cover artwork and a colourful manual not included in the retail edition.
Only available in limited quantity!
© SUCCESS/STUDIO SAIZENSEN LTD. Published by ININ Games. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. “PlayStation Family Mark", “PlayStation”, “PS4 logo” and “PS4” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Developer: Success, Studio Saizensen LTD.
Publisher: ININ Games
Genre: Arcade, Action, Adventure
Player: Single System (1)
Languages: English, French, German, Italian,
Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
Release date: Released