Experience the conflicts between the Amnelia Kingdom and the merciless Thiima Empire that took place before the battle between the people of Darius and Belsar. During this conflict, the series’ iconic Silver Hawks were created to make use of the game’s unique capture ball system that allows you to forge your own strategy and gain an edge over the enemy!
Developed by the masters of remastering at M2, G-Darius HD is a beautiful port of the original game from the late 90s that was known for its epic, boss versus player beam-battles and its brilliant, catchy soundtrack. Back then, the game was praised as a prime example of how to bring a 2D game genre to 3D properly. Now true fans of the series and new players alike, can enjoy this iconic shoot ‘em up in HD glory! And those who enjoy authentic graphics, faithful to the original also get their money’s worth, as it can be played in low resolution to get the classic arcade experience.
• Branching stages and different paths within one stage
• Iconic maritime-inspired boss design
• Unique capture system of enemy spacecrafts for strategic depth
• Playable with modern high-resolution, or original arcade graphics
• Fantastic soundtrack and audio design
Free major update for G-Darius HD!
With a big update for G-Darius HD, players will get three additional G-Darius versions and a lot of awesome new features, modes and gadgets!
THREE ADDITIONAL VERSIONS
• G-Darius Ver.2: A year after G-Darius was launched (1997), this version appeared in arcades as an updated version of the base game. While the story remains the same, a beginner mode was added and the game’s difficulty level adjusted. This is a low-resolution version based on the arcade version.
• G-Darius Ver.2 HD: HD version of G-Darius Ver.2.
• G Darius for Consumer: The 1998 Japan-released console port of G-Darius
The differences between G-Darius and G-Darius Ver.2:
◘ Addition of beginner mode
◘ Replacement of the ending (beginner mode)
◘ Add rapid-fire button
◘ Adjustment of game speed
◘ Enemy durability adjustment
◘ Player durability adjustment
◘ Addition of mid-bosses in some zones
◘ Added the option to skip demo screens
◘ Timer and time bonus added to boss battles
◘ Change in the method of tallying score rankings
◘ Addition and adjustment of attack patterns of bosses
NEW GADGETS ADDED (to G-Darius, G-Darius Ver.2)
• Boss Info: Displays the different parts of a boss and the strength of said parts. This function is also available for medium bosses.
• Capture Enemy: Displays information such as remaining health of captured and joined enemies.
• Zone Map: Displays an overall map including zone branches in the pause menu.
• Current Zone Info: Views current zones and areas.
• Technical Rank Gadget: Displays technical ranks at the end of the game, for example “Goldduck.”
• Yazuka & Boss Timer: Displays the time remaining until “YAZUKA” appears during a boss fight.
NEW MODES AND SETTINGS ADDED (to G-Darius, G-Darius Ver.2)
• Training Mode: This mode allows the player to practice for real battles by customizing the starting zone and the power-up state of their spaceship.
• Replay Gallery: This mode allows the player to save and view replays they have played or downloaded from online rankings.
• Wallpaper: “Egret 29DX” will be added as a wallpaper that can be displayed during gameplay.
• Arcade Background Sounds: Environmental sounds inspired by Akihabara Hey – a game center in Tokyo – can be played during gameplay. Players can enjoy the atmosphere as if they are playing G-Darius inside Akihabara Hey.
• Reduced slow-down mode: This feature reduces the processing downtime reproduced in the game. This makes the game progress smoother and faster than when played in an arcade environment.
This update is available for G-Darius HD which is sold as a single game and also G-Darius HD as part of Darius Cozmic Revelation that is available via Strictly Limited Games.
2021 ININ Games © TAITO CORPORATION 1986, 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.